F. H. Clarke set about developing a portion of South Minneapolis in the 1920′s. He branded the area around Pearl Lake and surrounding lowlands, Diamond Lake and lent the brand to his real estate company. In 1923 the Minneapolis Park Board received a proposal from Clarke’s Diamond Lake Realty to donate land around Pearl [...]
Diamond Lake Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America grown from a small group that gathered on March 29, 1940 to begin a new congregation in South Minneapolis. The church is located on the south shore of Diamond Lake at 5760 Portland Avenue.