Victoria and Hague Then and Now
In 1908, a mission the first Lutheran congregation to take root in Minnesota territory opened the doors of a small church building on Victoria and Hague. Soon after World War II, Gloria Dei moved into their new church at Snelling and Highland Parkway.
The Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church began in 1967. The last payment was made on the building was made in September of 1988. To celebrate this occasion, a mortgage burning ceremony was held. In November of 2003, Shiloh closed on the land at 501 West Lawson Avenue where their new church is. What will happen to the little church on Hague now? Anybody looking for a starter church? This one’s seen at least two congregations grow up big and move out. The building is currently being used by something called the Urban Partnership Community Development.