The McKnight Building
Construction on the 159 foot, Beaux-Arts McKnight Building began at the corner of 2nd and 5th in 1911. The downtown Minneapolis tower was completed after 8 stories were added in 1913. The building was made part of the Nortwestern Bell Telephone building by the 1970′s. Over the years its name has been changed to US West Building and the Qwest Building. The tower is connected by skyway to the The Hotel Minneapolis, Fifth Street Towers II, and US Bank Plaza.