Brown & Bigelow

Brown & Bigelow was founded in 1896 by Herbert Bigelow and Hirm Brown. Throughout its history, Brown & Bigelow has been a St. Paul resident. In its first 11 years, the firm outgrew three locations and then settled on a 17-acre site that was once the Lexington horse race track …

The St. Anthony Falls Bridge

Originally known as the St. Anthony Falls Bridge, the Third Avenue Bridge carries road traffic above the edge of Saint Anthony Falls. Designed by city engineer Frederick W. Cappelen, the bridge curves to avoid fractures in the limestone bedrock. Construction on the bridge’s long series of open spandrel arches began …

The St. Paul Civic Center

The Saint Paul Civic Center (renamed in 1998 to Riverplace Center) opened on January 1, 1973 and the Minnesota Fighting Saints became the new tenant and were strong for several seasons, making the playoffs in their first year. The old arena had seating capacity of approximately 16,000. The Civic Center …