That’s the busy intersection of Fourth and Nicollet in 1902 . Minneapolis City Hall and Hennepin County Courthouse was still under construction and gas buggies had to share the road with bicycles, horses and street cars.
In 1898 Clive Talbot Jaffray got the idea to buy the property on a small bluff on the west side of Lake Calho0n after a bicycling picnic. Northwest Bank president, James W. Raymond and grain merchant Charles Medbury Harrington gave $50.00 to the cause. The founders of the Minikahda Club are listed as William [...]