The First Pavilion

There has been a pavilion on the north end of Lake Harriet since 1888.  The first one was built by the Minneapolis Street Railway Company on a piece of property that belonged to  trolley tycoon, Thomas Lowry.  The grand pavilion served as a motor line station and featured a 1500 seat auditorium.  Summer concerts were held there for three years before a fire reduced it to ashes in 1891.

LHPav2