Designed by Thori, Alban and Fischer the corner stone for the the First Methodist Episcopal Church was laid on October 15, 1907 and the building was completed in 1910. A dedication booklet noted that the church faced Holly Avenue in a “situation ideal to show its classic and simple architecture, the massive columns of the portico give character and attract attention.” The sanctuary held 850 people. The last church to occupy the building was the Grace Community Church. Construction for the SteppingStone Theatre began on February 2, 2007. SteppingStone officially moved into its new home on December 1, 2007. The renovation included improvement of the exterior and the conversion of the sanctuary into a 430-seat theatre with a proscenium-style stage.