ST. ANTHONY, MINNESOTA
C.W. McLEAN, Proprietor
J.F. DARROW, Superintendent
This is the largest and most elegantly furnished hotel in the Northwest and is now open for the accommodation of guests. It is desirably located, being central to the business part of the city and commanding a full view of the Falls of Saint Anthony and it’s observatories and balconies afford the finest of views that can be obtained of the cities of St.Anthony and Minneapolis.
This house is built of stone and has one front of 157 feet and two fronts of 90 feet each and contains 200 rooms.
TRANSIENT BOARD $2 PER DAY
The tables are furnished with the greatest variety and choices of the market affords and no attention is wanting to make the guests of Winslow the friends of the house. On arrival boats of at St. Paul, Burbank and Co.’s splendid four horse coaches are always in readiness to convey passengers to the falls.
This house is just completed at a cost of $110,000 in furnished in princely style add an additional expense of $60,000 Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, Lake Johanna and Lake Minnetonka are all located within a few miles of the Winslow House. These lakes are plentifully supplied with all kinds of fish and the prairies and surrounding forests abound with game.
Built in 1857, the Winslow House Hotel was razed to make way for the Exposition Building in 1886.