The Sheridan was built around the corner from the old Minneapolis Auditorium and Lyceum Theater in 1926. The hotel was one of at least six brick courts at the southern edge of downtown. In 1938 one could get a single with a bath of $2.00. Many of these old places became residential in the middle of the last century. In 1969 the 430 room Sheridan had about 100 permanent tenants. The Hotel Sheridan was demolished in 1973.