Movie Nites

The Uptown opened as the Lagoon Theater in 1913.  After new sound equipment was installed, the theater’s name was  changed on  April 11, 1929. The Uptown was  rebuilt and redesigned by the architectural  firm of Liebenberg and  Kaplan after a fire tore through the building in 1939. The theater was …

The Pantages Then and Now

The Minneapolis Pantages Theater opened as a vaudeville house in 1916. The original, Beaux-Arts style building, designed by the Minneapolis architectural firm of Kees and Colburn was originaly  operated by Winnipeg theater tycoon, Alexander Pantages’ entertainment consortia. At the height of his empire, the Greek immigrant owned and operated 84 …